LITTLE PICKLE'S JOURNEY: FOOD ROUTINE

Sunday, July 23, 2017


As a Filipino living in Singapore, I got being used to accepting not only my mother culture, but also here were certain beliefs are being practiced, especially in my case being pregnant right now. Being on this stage helped me to be better in doing anything with extra care, most especially when putting something in my mouth, and to take these food on the right time.

Now that I have a little life forming inside me (and it's not just mine alone, but for the both future parents in us), I have to be mindful of the things I eat, whether it could be beneficial or harmful to the both of us.

If anyone would think this blog post would be helpful, I'd like to document and share to future readers the list of the food I am mostly eating and/or drinking during this course. 

- Pasteurised Milk
- Probiotics like Yogurt or yakult
- Fiber-enriched veggies like broccoli, beans, and other leafy greens
- Fruits that are rich also in fiber and vitamin C
- Protein
- Mixed nuts for snacks
- Brown rice is advised (so you wouldn't feel too hungry faster)
- Certain types of fish that were low in mercury (like salmon, anchovies)

(L-R): Zucchini Noodles with meatballs, soba with carrots and small beans, tofu and fried pork with mixed veggies and brown rice


(L-R); mixed veggies, fruits, vogurt and rice, creamy broccoli and prawn linguine pasta

up: lentils, grilled veggies and adobo black beans
down: lumpiang sariwa, strawberries and yakult


up: mixed nuts, fruits and chocolate muffin + milk
down: homemade swedish meatball with mixed veggies and brown rice

snacks when I feel hungry in between :)

Basically almost anything. :) But whilst there are things that I could eat, there were also some specific type of food that I am avoiding not to eat at the moment:

- Papaya
- Pineapple
- Watermelon
- Banana
- Eggplant
- Raw meat (like medium rare type of steak, sashimi)
- Fish that were high in mercury (i.e. Tuna, Mackerel)
- Runny or soft boiled eggs
- Cold cuts (parma ham, salami)
- Non-pasteurised milk
- Alchoholic drinks
- Soft drinks
- Excessive coffee and/or tea drinking

While he told me that I can still drink coffee and tea at a minimum consumption (like one small cup a day), I've already somehow got used to not drink coffee since earlier this year... which was an advantage! I used to be a coffee addict, but once you've started to tone your coffee intake down and completely remove it out of your system, it would make you feel healthier and lighter in perspective.
TRUST ME!

The fruits that I've mentioned were somehow the food that are "believed" to be a Chinese myth not to eat while you're pregnant and for me, it won't hurt to at least avoid those. True enough, I've talked to some moms about the experience and they said that papaya and pineapple and even eggplant had some natural content that could make you force-bleed and eventually jeopardize the position of the baby inside. Watermelon, on the other hand isn't advisable as it believes to give too much cooling effect in the body (as it comprises 80% water) and could make the baby feel cold, which is not good. The reason for not eating bananas are somewhat scientific in a way for me to avoid potential constipation.

As for my supplements, in the first few weeks I was just only taking my folic acid. On my 8th Week, I was given more vitamins to take like fish oil, calcium and prenatal multivitamins.


Haha, I hope I could continue this routine even after I give birth. ^_^

xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Kitchen Appliance and Gadget Haul (and mid-year Favorites!)

I think it would be such a delight to share with you  (or if there's any keen readers, following this blog)  what we got recently in ou...