MEAN GREEN JUICE.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Mean Green is how they call this blender processed juice, consisting of green apples, celery, ginger, cucumber, kale (or baby spinach as an alternative) with some lemon extract and a very little pinch of cayenne pepper, but that's optional.




We were in this crusade of losing weight for the past 2 weeks in preparation for an event next October. In reality, with or without an event, we set ourselves to eat only the healthy, and we should start this routine while we're still young. 

As I've mentioned that this juice is good for those who want to lose weight (with proper balanced meals and exercise to work on as well, of course), Mean Green is also best for preventing kinds of diseases like colon, lung and liver cancer, asthma, heart diseases and thus promotes good blood circulation, proper digestion, better skin complexion and bone protection. 

I had a major change of heart (and I still do) with regard to apples, because many of my friends know that I'm a non-believer to the saying, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." but every once in a while, I'd fight for the things I dislike and use it for the better. 

You can use the original recipe that I found on the Juices Recipes site for your own usage and you can always follow what the recipe count goes for. In my case, I tried to tone it down by again, omitting and adding extra things. Also, My ratio is good for 2-3 glasses only, since most of the people at home don't really dig this in and prefer something else, depending on their mood.

Ingredients:
1/2 to 1 stalk (depending on the size) Celery
1 to 2 medium sized green apples
about 8-10 leaves of Kale, depending on the size (or baby spinach)
1/2 of Japanese cucumber
1/2 of Lemon extract
2-3 tbsp organic Agave syrup (optional)
very little pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
(I omit the ginger here because I ran out of one.)

Some say that you may include the skin (for the apples and cucumber) if they are Organic. That could be one of the reasons why most of the juices I saw from other video clips of random people produced a "greener" kind of juice. Mine isn't organic (except for the Kale) so probably my assumption is correct. Peel them off if yours isn't organic too.







Basically the direction is to combine everything in the juicer, blender or what-have-you and just blend away. 



I also put Organic Agave syrup for that extra little sweetness. The celery taste is overpowering the rest of the ingredients so I just put a couple of tablespoons in it.



Look, someone's really motivated burning ze fats!



Enjoy and Live Healthy! xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Kitchen Appliance and Gadget Haul (and mid-year Favorites!)

I think it would be such a delight to share with you  (or if there's any keen readers, following this blog)  what we got recently in ou...