Reminiscing Renaissance

Monday, September 17, 2012






As a gamer myself, I've always preferred to choose Role Playing Games (RPG) rather than the arcade type, (fighting with stages after every victory, etc) because: 1) I can save the game; 2) I like it better with a long and intriguing storyline, and 3) I just like the concept of getting my character running around and doing some missions, buying items, and completing mysteries that I need to the next level. :)

My fiancé and I used to play a lot of RPGs in the past. As I typed that sentence before this, I'm reminded of how we've first met. For those who've been reading my old, a bit childish and poured-out-feeling blog posts circa 2005 to 2006, you must have known it already. ^^

Anyway, as I was saying, he got the Assassin's Creed game ever since we were still in the Philippines in 2007, and ever since then, he has been a fan of it until the second installment came in last 2009, hence the game I'm playing right now, the Assassin's Creed II.

In general, Assassin's Creed is a historical, action stealth video game. Well, the main character you are using is of course an assassin, and from his basic nature, you would portray as is and get into a mission to steal money, eavesdrop so to get pertinent information, to stalk a lot of all that gets in the way and obviously, assassinate the target.

If you're going to ask me, why didn't I play the first game and jumped into the sequel instead? Well... let's just say that the CD of the ACI is at home (Phils) and for me, the ACII started with the protagonist's descendant in ACI and towards the other subsequent sequels of the game, which is good for me. In addition to that, ACII's CGI became more detailed compared to the first installment. It's like whenever I play, I can just be mesmerized with the scenery of Renaissance all day. Funny, but I used to listen a lot to my History of Architecture professor during my college days. The golden age, when it has been told in our history books, felt like it was so grandeur and amazing, as if everything is classy and you live in a fairy tale. But then I'll wake up in the thought of, me not even on that era, and more importantly, I am not even born in Europe to begin with. -_-
You would definitely wonder that I have liked a game that is associated with violence and immense blood-spitting. My answer in that will be, "not really."
Believe me, I would not choose a game just because I'd like to be a virtual killing machine. LOL, I'm not as bad as you imagined. ^^ I always believe that a game developer would create a game that would usually promote the victory of good over bad. Even in my past gaming experiences, I always get fond of defeating all the elements of evil to clear or pass a certain level. Why? Because that's just how it is. That's how our world is programmed and for me it's just the best move to do. Like in Diablo, you'd normally feel you've owned the scene when you hunt down defeat the boss.
Assassin's Creed is no exception.
Aside from that, the game would eventually bring you to question why there are controversies of such selfishness of power and wealth. Who is the main culprit? Who started the feud? Who gets envious first? The assassin isn't just there to slay the bad personalities of the society. The story somehow unleashes to a point where in he is in search for a discovery of his own self, and his worth to the whole brotherhood.
There's a subsequent sequel of the game, namely: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood which is a multiplayer game, and also the third installment of the game, being Ezio still as the main protagonist of the story, called Assassin's Creed: Revelations. By October of this year, a whole new protagonist is featured in the AC franchise called Assassin's Creed III, where it shows a new setting and nation, (Colonial USA Era) as well.
For the trailer of the said upcoming game, go check it out on the clip below.




If you haven't played the series yet, please try it by all means! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Kitchen Appliance and Gadget Haul (and mid-year Favorites!)

I think it would be such a delight to share with you  (or if there's any keen readers, following this blog)  what we got recently in ou...