BANANA OAT WHEAT MUFFIN

Tuesday, March 14, 2017




I'd let myself skip the entire blabbin' on randomness, just for this one post since I have already poured my effort to do an amateur, somewhat "tutorial" on my kitchen experiments. I thought, having 24-hour tutorials on instagram stories would amuse me, but I guess, doing these things out would probably amuse me even more. :)

While I was browsing some recipes for muffins online, I saw many versions of the same intent, I decided to modify it based on what I have. Luckily, I have two ripe bananas that my husband told me to make into something that he can eat or bring to work.


I have quite invested with anything that is organic, lately. When you're gearing towards practicing a healthier food routine, you'd be conscious on what kind of ingredients you are using. Well, I know for a fact that organic food is not that cheap which is why I have mixed a few ingredients based on what I have; both organic or not. My point here is, to make it healthier and proper (in your most possible way), I substituted some items in the list which didn't really compromise the quality of the finished product. In fact, it became lighter and easy to digest -- not to mention, somewhat "guilt-free", yet the amount of satisfaction is intact.

So then, These are the ingredients:

2pcs or 1 cup of ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cup of organic whole wheat flour
1 cup of organic rolled oats
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 brown egg
1/2 cup pure honey
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1/3 cup canola oil
3/4 cup whole milk

So, for the DRY INGREDIENTS:


I just happened to already have these two organic ingredients on hand to make this work, but you could use normal rolled oats and all-purpose flour for this.
(but if I were you, go organic!)

above: whole wheat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt


THE WET INGREDIENTS: 


I read from one article that brown eggs are healthier and low in cholesterol than the white egg. I always buy brown eggs even before I have read the article though. 
The honey is just the local, pure honey I have on hand. You can use organic too. 
I bought the pure vanilla extract in the Philippines and it did cost me a lot -__- but it's worth it :)


pretty much what I have in the kitchen and in my fridge.
You can use normal vegetable oil or coconut oil for this.
I personally did not use the coconut oil since I want to taste the banana instead of the coconut.


I made a video clip for the step by step instructions. Ha! No wonder why I was so insisting since the start of this blog post! LOL

Still, here are the written instructions:

1) First thing's first, preheat your oven to 200C.

2) Prepare your muffin tins. If you have muffin liners, good. If you don't have, do what I did and just put some butter or cooking spray to your muffin tins and flour them later on, just like this:

you can watch other youtube videos on how to butter and flour your baking pans or muffin tins.

3) Peel and mash your bananas, then set aside for later.

4) Mix your dry ingredients, then set aside it for later as well.

5) Break your egg, beat it slightly, and then add in order: honey, vanilla extract, canola oil and lastly, the milk. Stir it well.

6) Put your mashed bananas onto the wet ingredients and mix it well. You may use a bigger whisk to do it.

7) Incorporate your dry ingredients by dumping it 1/2 at a time. By this time, switch your whisk into spatula. After putting all of it, mix it in a folding motion. Do not over-mix it. 

8) Bring your buttered-and-floured muffin tins close to you and start putting the batter into it using an ice cream scoop. The ice cream scoop would always give you perfect and equal portions every single time. (it's my favorite tool in the kitchen, honestly speaking!)


9) Bake your muffins at around 18-20 minutes or until you insert a toothpick in it and if it comes out clean with no wet batter on it, it's done.





Without further ado, here's the tutorial for your easy reference!




Please try it and let me know if you'll like it!


xoxo,
Biggs

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Kitchen Appliance and Gadget Haul (and mid-year Favorites!)

I think it would be such a delight to share with you  (or if there's any keen readers, following this blog)  what we got recently in ou...