small world

Saturday, May 10, 2008

a week ago i was in Urdaneta, Pangasinan to pay condolences to my mum's side's relatives. Her aunt, which technically happens to be my "lola" died at the age of 93. Lola Lorenza was the youngest of my great grandparents' children, and of course, my late grandpa's younger sister. It also happened that lola was my mom and dad's "ninang" in their wedding. Basta to cut it short, we went to their place kahit hindi namin alam specifically [syempre nagtanong-tanong pa kami] to give respect for her remains. May she rest in peace. However...


How could my lola remain in peace sa ingay ng huling gabi. Hilarious. Its my first time to encounter such a gathering na sa huling lamayan ay may tugtugan. oo hindi lang ordinaryong tugtugan. potek, masayang tugtugan! i thought it was only being featured sa tv ung ganung style ng wake, pero me ganun pala talaga haha. me mga dancer pa amp... nagkakantahan ng "bulaklak", "sasakyan kita", "ISPAGETI SONG", at mga pang disco. kahit mga AKON songs taena. kasama daw yon sa package ng funeral services. hala, birit kung birit. kala ko nga magssoulja boy ang mga singer. awkward pero, kahit ano na!

I met 'the' uncles i've never met before, asking their blessings [mano po and all], and smiling nonstop to whoever people that is served in front of me. hirap nun ah. 4 hours of byahe and there i was nodding everytime mom will say "eto ang bunso ko..." still, I show respect naman. na-miss lang siguro talaga ni mama ang mga pinsan nyang yun. haha. i also met my 2nd cousins... one of my cousins there has a business. bigtime nga eh. me Inn and Restaurant. why i say bigtime because out of selling spices [garlic, onions], she has been able to produce such a big establishment in Urdaneta City. kumbaga eh: KATAS ng hirap. She and her husband has been able to provide good life to their children, sucess na rin in life.. we had late dinner sa restaurant nila and we stayed the night at one of their vacant rooms sa kanilang inn. sosyal!

what really surprised me was that I HAVE A RELATIVE pala studying in UST. and bigtime, sa College of Fine Arts and Design pa talaga. hahaha. nasa iisa lang kaming building hindi ko pa kilala. Goodness. Jacqueline is taking up interior design sa uste. small world. I met her when i was there. ok naman. chika galore. grabe talaga shocking! I imagine myself maybe nakakasalubong ko sya o nadadaanan lang sa lobby or in the corridor, or baka nakikita ko sa C.R. alam mo un! wala lang i just felt happy. It runs in the blood ba talaga? hahahahaha syet.. happy happy happy to know. sna alam mo ang feeling hahaha~

the next day was the interment. and kalokang experience talaga, sa simbahan kung saan ibbless ang remains before ilagay sa cemetery, LITERAL na babae ang pari. yup. literal na me priestess. haha. aliwwww.. kaloka haha. so ayun after nilibing si lola, we prayed and eat there early lunch then off we go to Manaoag, since isang tricycle lang ang byahe nasa Manaoag na kami. haha every May nagpupunta kami ng Manaoag so why not! yipeeeeeeeeeee bibili ako kakanin! well if you know what is called a "tupig", aka grilled sticky rice, haha astig yon!!

that day the mass was about Jesus' ascencion in heaven. sana umakyat din sa langit si lola lorenza ko.


P.S.
Jacqueline Seto Ma, my newly-found relative in beato, is my niece.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Kitchen Appliance and Gadget Haul (and mid-year Favorites!)

I think it would be such a delight to share with you  (or if there's any keen readers, following this blog)  what we got recently in ou...